Banana Maple Wraps2011-01-04
Here’s a cracking post workout snack for when you feel like something different from the usual proteincarbs shake. Sometimes it’s just nice to eat, rather than drink, your food ;).
If you’re a stickler for getitng your post workout protein and carbs down you in liquid form, then this still makes an excllent follow up snack, 2-3 hours post workout (time depending on your metabolism).
- 1 x 8″ 100% whole wheat wrap
- 1 medium banana
- 1 tablespoons of all natural peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 1 tablespoon of slivered almonds
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
- 1 tablespoons of sugar free maple syrup
In a separate bowl, mash banana and protein powder together with a fork until combined.
Spread the peanut butter onto the tortilla. Top with the banana mixture.
Sprinkle with almonds, then drizzle with maple syrup.
Roll the wrap and enjoy!