Lose Weight By Choosing Healthy Snacks
For many people, snacking is a huge obstacle that prevents them from losing weight. They eat healthy meals and stick to a consistent exercise routine but when they get hungry between meals, they reach for unhealthy snacks and put a lot of the good work to waste. In this article I’m going to be providing you with a number of tips for minimizing the impact of snacking on your fat loss efforts and also giving you a selection of healthy snacks to try.
How To Ensure Snacking Doesn’t Sabotage Your Fat Loss Efforts
1) Only Snack When You’re Hungry
One of the biggest reasons people gain weight is because they snack between meals out of boredom or habit instead of snacking based on their body’s hunger signals. As a result, they consume lots of extra calories, even though they’re not hungry at the time they consume these calories.
So next time you get the urge to snack, stop and think for a moment, decide whether you’re actually hungry and if you’re not, go for a quick walk or grab a glass of water to relieve the boredom or break the habit.
2) Avoid Processed Snacks
Another mistake people make when it comes to snacking is that they reach for the processed snacks. They make sure their breakfasts, lunches and dinners are low in calories and filled with healthy, natural ingredients but as soon as they get hungry between meals, they grab a high calorie candy bar or a calorie rich bag of chips. As a result, they consume lots of calories between meals without even thinking and slow down their weight loss efforts.
To avoid making this same mistake, prepare some healthy snacks in advance and then when hunger strikes, you’ll have easy access to a range of low calorie, nutrient packed, fat burning snacks.
3) Avoid Soda
One final mistake people make when trying to lose weight is that they gulp down soda or diet soda between meals. Unfortunately, if you’re trying to lose weight, both of these drinks are bad choices. Regular soda is rich in calories and by consuming just a couple of glasses each day, you can add over 1,000 calories to your weekly intake. Diet soda is often lower in calories and sometimes even contains zero calories but the chemicals it contains interfere with your body’s fat burning processes and this has a negative effect on your overall weight loss.
The good news is that there are plenty of healthy, low calorie substitutes to soda available. Regular water is refreshing, hydrating and contains zero calories. Coffee and tea also contain zero calories and are a great choice if you prefer hot drinks. Alternatively, if you prefer
5 Tasty Healthy Snack Suggestions
As mentioned above, one of the key things you need to be doing to ensure that snacking doesn’t sabotage your fat loss efforts is prepare healthy snacks in advance. The good news is this isn’t a difficult task and the list below outlines five simple and tasty healthy snacks that you can try:
1) Chili Roasted Pumpkin Seeds: Chili roasted pumpkin seeds are an excellent healthy alternative to chips. Simply follow this recipe and then pour an equal amount of chili roasted pumpkin seeds into four small food bags, seal them and take a bag with you for an instant healthy snack.
2) Honey Roasted Peanuts: Honey roasted peanuts are a sweet, protein packed snack that are sure to satisfy your appetite. Just follow this recipe and then split the nuts up equally into eight small food bags, seal them and carry a bag with you for an instant healthy snack.
3) Carrot Sticks & Hummus: Carrots are packed full of health boosting fiber, vitamin A and vitamin K and by dipping them in a hummus you get a satisfying, creamy flavor. To prepare carrot sticks and hummus, chop a small carrot into sticks, grab a small pot of hummus, place them both in a sealable container, take them with you and then whenever you feel hungry, dip the carrot sticks into the hummus and enjoy a light, tasty snack.
4) Greek Yogurt & Blueberries: Greek yogurt is an excellent source of healthy fats and protein while blueberries contain high levels of fiber and vitamin C. Simply combine a cup of Greek yogurt with half a cup of blueberries in a sealable container, take the sealable container with you and dig in whenever you get hungry.
5) Fruit Salad: Fruit salad is low in calories and packed full of heath boosting vitamins and minerals. To prepare it, combine three of your favorite fruits along with a cup of your favorite fruit juice in a sealable container, carry the sealable container with you and then eat the fruit salad whenever you start to feel hungry.
Getting hungry between meals is inevitable but by following the advice in this article, you can ensure this hunger doesn’t lead to unhealthy snacking and have a negative impact on your fat loss goals. So if snacking is one of your major weight loss weaknesses, follow the advice in this article and turn your snacking into a healthy habit today.